Vision. Commitment. Experience.
My Vision for IEEE Canada
IEEE's members represent immense human capital. Sharing our ideas, experiences and knowledge, engaging with others - together we can solve local, regional and global challenges. Creativity, commitment, the development and use of technologies; that is innovation for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE members drive engineering, science and technology development. They are vital to meeting our societal and economic challenges to enable a common sustainable future.
As Region 7 Director it will be my privilege to lead IEEE Canada and further the IEEE goals, vision and to work with IEEE volunteers and members to:
- Enhance the members’ experience by advocating for activities and initiatives appropriate to different member needs. This will involve all IEEE Canada sections, chapters, affinity groups and student branches.
- Promote and facilitate the use of IEEE member resources such as short training courses / training programs by Canadian IEEE members to support growth of knowledge and technical expertise in Canada.
- Support Section Vitality by facilitating locally accessible activities of interest and relevance to members’ careers and professional development, as well as organizing technical events to promote engineering, technologies and science to a wider community, e.g.
- IEEE Canada Conferences,
- Interdisciplinary area workshops,
- Enhance the visibility and impact of IEEE through increasing the number and level of collaborative activities between industry, business, organizations, academia and the IEEE, e.g.
- Partnerships with other engineering and non-engineering associations (i.e. Nano Canada, Natural Resources Canada, the provincial professional engineers associations, industry associations and service clubs)
- Engage local, provincial, and federal governments to enhance the support for technical development and scientific research for the benefit of Canada and our members.
- Enable a rewarding IEEE volunteer experience through solid support and recognition,
- Recruit the next generation of members and volunteers by creating opportunities and providing benefits to students and young professionals, and
- Practice prudent financial responsibility and good governance;
Representing the interests of the IEEE Canada members, I will make our voice and concerns heard nationally and internationally within and beyond the IEEE.